Blog Header

Blog Header

Sunday, August 23, 2026

July

We celebrated the 4th of July on the 3rd, because Cody was off on the 3rd, so he and Kaylee came for the day.  We swam and enjoyed all the 4th of July good eats.  

                                 

                                                                        

           





We had a few handstand competitions...




A Flashback of 12 years.....He still loves the water🩵








A few PB&J's for the swimmers😄

                                              




                                                         Night swims are the best🌙⭐





                 We missed a picture with Cody, so we took one on the 4th with everyone.

July brought some heavy rains, and Casey wasn't able to mow for awhile.  It's always a good day when he finally gets back to his mower.

                                         

                       




We also had our yearly beach trip to Ponte Vedre in Florida.  Always such a fun and relaxing trip.  We stop in Savannah on our way down for some shopping and good eats.

                               


A new ice cream store that was really good!


We stopped by our favorite (cat) bookstore in Savannah...

       

I finally got this book and read it.  It's based in Savannah, so it as such a fun read. I recognized the names and places in the book.



Our favorite Savannah Treat... 


Always a stop at the candy store💗💙💚💛💜










Love the fresh seafood



Casey has a dinner meeting the last night we were there.  We used to go with him, but they increased the price, so we decided our new tradition is to order room service.  Kaitlyn, Alex and I think it's great, and we don't have to get dressed up to go anywhere, so it makes it even better😍 I call it my birthday dinner and enjoy a nice steak, veggies and dessert🎂



Casey found out that the hotel actually moved the sand, creating a barrier between the water and the beach, so that's why he hasn't found his usual amount of shark teeth the last few years.  He would have to walk down the beach about a mile to find some.  He hasn't been too happy about it the last couple of years, so he bought one this year😂 In fact we went back to Amelia Island on our way home, so he could buy the one at the store he saw in June when we were there.

 

   

                                       


                                                  

 We also stopped by the bookstore.  The first time I went I asked if they had this book my best friend had recommended - Cleo Dang Would Rather Be Dead.  They didn't, but they wanted the information and picture, so they could order it.  It was fun to see it there when we went back.  I had already gotten it and read it, or I would've purchased it there. It's a really good read💕


                                     

                                             There's nothing better than Beach views💙



                             

                         

                          Always hard to say goodbye to July.  It's my month, and I've always loved it!  


                                                                    






No comments: