Blog Header

Blog Header

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rally Cap



The Urban Dictionary defines Rally Cap - "to wear one's baseball cap turned inside out and often sideways to encourage a rally from your favorite baseball team. Must be performed in the confines of a sporting facility and works best in the late innings of a game with runners on base."



This weekend we watched a few of Braydon's baseball games. In a couple of the innings my brother's declared it "rally cap" time and then proceeded to turn their hats into a crazy position while yelling for the team. I had no idea what it meant but was quickly told(after the shock of my lack of knowledge wore off) that I needed to understand it's importance as a member of the family.



I had no idea such a term/practice existed, but whatever it was it worked. The first time Braydon's team scored 4 runs and the 2nd time "rally cap" was done, the team scored 2 runs to win the game, with Braydon hitting the winning home-run.



I'm now a believer in the "rally cap" term and it's influence to help the team!

Great Job Braydon!!

2 comments:

Corinne Ritz said...

WOW! Thanks for the education. It is nice to be in the know!

Darci said...

I love your descriptions of both Ont and Rally Cap! I had no idea about either of those until our OR trip.