Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, June 8, 2012

Flashback Friday

In looking through some old boxes I came across this photo. I'm not sure why I remember some things in detail and not others, but for some reason I remember this day so clearly and feelings and thoughts surrounding the activities. It was Cody's blessing day. It was a beautiful day outside, but I was tired and just wanted go home and rest. I sat through church, went home and made a big batch of chocolate chip cookies. I remember thinking about my mom that day and how we always had Sunday treats made in the "goodie bowl." I wished we had a goodie bowl. I loved the ages of my children. I enjoyed watching them play and the sounds that surrounded our home. Life wasn't easy, but it was good. And my sweet Cody seemed to be smiling at his mommy, which always makes me glad for pictures. Thank goodness we have them to capture life's sweet moments.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the picture...seems so long ago...our lives were all so busy...we didn't have computers or skype, or facebook to see all the photos; you seemed so far away. Jenelle was around 5, Josh probably 9, Greg - 12, Darin - 14, Brian - 17, and Scott 19. We were all in such a difference place then now. Many happy times since that picture for both of our families. I thank the Lord everyday for all the rest of the families to be intact...
I had another dream last night and Steve found a dime today in the parking lot at King Neptune...will we ever ever stop searching to fill the emptiness??? Also for the assurance that he is with us??? The emotional preoccupation of this consumes my thoughts, temperament, and ability to concentrate.
It's a great picture..I love the expressions on everyone's faces...I love how young everyone looks.
School it out!!! I still have to do some work on Monday morning. I should be done by noon for the rest of the summer.
Talk later,
Love MOM

Corinne Ritz said...

This is so interesting and true. I love old pictures, and all the memories that go along with them.
I just can't believe you didn't say anything about your hair in this post! JK :)

Airyele Rounds said...

I love this picture.. So Very CUTE!!!