Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Feast

Ryan had his annual Thanksgiving Feast. It's not something he looks forward to, and I know I'm probably a bad parent for saying this, but It's really not something I look forward to either. All for different reasons, we both endure the hour of feasting.

Upon arriving in the lunchroom which was filled with Ryan's worst fear(helium balloons), we quickly exited into a more quiet and less balloon-filled area in his pod outside his classroom. There really isn't enough room for all the parents and siblings that come to enjoy the festivities, so they allow everyone to overflow into the library and classrooms. Ryan was finally able to relax and enjoy his lunch. Well, sort of. Ryan packs his lunch everyday, mostly because he is a little bit of a picky eater. I didn't think he enjoyed the Thanksgiving food, so I didn't pre-order him a lunch. Turns out, he wanted one. The two little boys I watch both had lunches, and Ryan was a little envious of the lunch that they were not really eating. Truth be told, I think Ryan mostly wanted the chocolate milk.

This year a lot of the kids were going home after lunch. Last year Ryan's teacher told them they couldn't, because they had more work to do. I overheard the afternoon schedule to be movies and recess, so I opted to check him out. He was very happy to join us for the ride home.

No comments: