Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, January 18, 2013

Flashback Friday

This is what our family looked like 6 1/2 years ago when we moved to Athens.
I found these photos while I was looking for a few files and could not believe how young everyone looks. It seems like a lifetime ago.
Ryan had his birthday shortly after we moved. The house was a disaster, he had no friends to invite, and Casey was out of town. It was a night filled with mixed emotions.
It's so hard to move. It wasn't the 1st time we had moved, but with every move brings different emotions and changes. We had been in Calhoun for nearly 8 years. I never moved as a child, so I was anxiety ridden for the sake of my children. I think I was more sick about it than they were. Kaitlyn was in the 8th grade. I cried for at least a week every morning after dropping her off at school. She says now it was better moving in 8th grade than it would have been in 9th. Cody was in the 5th grade. I home-schooled him his 4th grade year, so there was a huge wave of nervousness registering Cody for school. Ryan was home with me still, but we had no little friends to play with. We missed our friends. It was hard.
Although it was difficult, it was a much needed move. Casey was doing a lot of commuting. We needed to be closer to the University. Everything fell into place, and we have met and made wonderful friends. We love Athens and can't imagine ever moving again.
Change is good, but I sure do miss my wee little ones. How fast they grow.

No comments: