Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday, August 8, 2024

July

Cody was doing Rotations at Grady & Emory in Atlanta the month of July, so we got some facetime with him on the weekends, and he had a long weekend over the 4th(yay!).  Unfortunately he got sick and spent most of his time resting and trying to recover.  

  
We did manage to enjoy some Korean barbeque before he got sick.


 

Casey made his chicken for the 4th of July.  We also made strawberry rhubarb pie and ice cream.  We made a new recipe this year - salted licorice ice cream, and it was SO GOOD!  A new favorite!  Everything was delicious!






Ry caught the sick bug from Cody and was down for a few days.  Thankfully it was before we left for the beach.



                                                                                              
 We drove to Savannah and stayed there our first night. Kaitlyn booked a couple rooms at a Historical Inn.  We got there late, but it was still a beautiful view. 

                                



We got up early and enjoyed a nice breakfast before heading out to a few of our favorites around town.



It was very warm.  We were all a little bit sweaty:)


                                       It was my birthday, so I picked up a few yummy treats!


Kaitlyn bought me my own personal fan, so I kept it around my neck as we walked around for a nice cool breeze.

After we ate lunch we headed on to Florida.  From Savannah it was only a two hour drive, which was so nice.  We has some heavy rain, but when we got to our resort it was beautiful.  We went down and walked on the beach and enjoyed the view.







We spent the next few days enjoying the beach and eating some really great seafood. It was so relaxing.  I look forward to this trip all year.

























                            On our way home we stopped in Savannah again for a few more goodies.

   


Casey and I celebrated our anniversary and enjoyed a dinner out with Kaitlyn, Alex and Ry.  We went to Jennies for Ice cream for dessert.




Casey, Kaitlyn and I took a day and went antiquing in July as well.  It's always a fun time looking for treasures. 



Even though we have August, July marks the end of summer for me as I go back to work in August.  It's always hard to have it come to an end.  I love summer and the easy breezy schedule.  I've read lots of books, worked on home projects and enjoyed not having a schedule.  It's always hard to say goodbye😢


No comments: