Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, January 16, 2009

100 Days



Today marked the 100th day of school for the kids. This is a week long celebration for the elementary schools. They bring in collections of 100 things of their choosing (Ryan brought legos), they made necklaces of 100 Froot Loops & vests with 100 things on them.(see picture below, although 1/2 of the Froot Loops have been eaten) They read books about 100 and did 100 exercises today, they had a 100 day parade, put together 100 piece puzzles, and prepared a snack of 100 pieces of food.



This also marks the 100th day of having the same conversation in the morning with Ryan:

Ryan: I don't want to go to school today.
Me: why?
Ryan: My stomach hurts.
Me: You'll be fine.
Ryan: I don't want to go.
Me: You'll have fun.
Ryan: My leg hurts.
Me: Ryan, your teachers will miss you if you're not there.
Ryan: It takes too long.
Me: I'll be waiting for you when you get off the bus.
Ryan: I wish it was only 1/2 day.
Me: Here comes the bus.
Ryan: I don't want to go!(1/2 whining & 1/2 crying)
Me: Have a good day.

His bus driver must think we are doing something terrible to him every morning to make him cry.

When he comes home he is fine & transforms into his favorite superhero...



If only he could be this happy in the morning....Here's to the next 100 days of school!(actually, I don't think they have that many left, but who's counting?!)




No comments: