Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Clam Digging


Even though I grew up on the coast, clam digging was something I did not do as a child. My dad went and when my brothers were older they went, but I don't ever remember going or eating them. I just remember playing with them in the buckets of water and squeezing the water out of their necks. So while we were visiting this summer, we decided that we would all like to go clam digging as a family. Grandma and Grandpa thought it sounded like fun and were our tour guides, giving us pointers and help along the way.

Our clean shoes before we started...



And this was why I didn't go as a child/teenager. Mud+girl=too messy.









It took everyone a little bit to catch on, but when they did they buckets starting filling up fast.





Kudos to Kaitlyn for getting dirty...



Ryan opted to dig with his hands. He said it was faster that way.





The cleaning...



The muddy shoes...



Casey went out a few more times with Ryan as his helper.





We had many nights of fried/grilled clams and clam chowder. It was delicious!

3 comments:

Corinne Ritz said...

Fun and delicious!!!

Cristin said...

Yummy!

Airyele Rounds said...

I've never had clams before.. It's got me interested. :)
I've only had clam chowder. And LOVE IT!