Blog Header

Blog Header

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hiking the Y



I did not grow up in Utah or spend any significant time there, so when I hear others talk about hiking the Y it causes me to think...

*I would like to hike the Y
*I would like to take pictures hiking the Y
*I would like to be able to say I hiked the Y
*I would like to hike the Y with my family

And since we were going to be spending a significant time in Utah this summer, I thought after losing 50 lbs. and running 3-5 miles 4-5 times each week I would definitely be ready and able to hike(walk) 2 miles.

So, We hiked the Y...



Up



and up



we went



until I thought I could go no more...



But the view kept me going



It was beautiful.



It really felt like we were going up a 90 degree angle that would never end.

Ryan opted out of this activity in order to spend time with his friend that had moved to Utah a few months earlier...



Smart move for Ryan, as he would not have enjoyed this family outing much.

We finally made it to the top, very sweaty and tired.



It was a gorgeous view of the Utah valley...



The walk back down had it's own challenges, but now I can say...

*I hiked the Y with my family
*I will never do it again
*A difference in elevation levels between GA & UT matter when hiking the Y
*I was sore for several days after(barely walkable)
*I admire those who do it more than once(Go Lindsey!)

Who's idea was this anyway??

1 comment:

Corinne Ritz said...

Congratulations!!! I've hiked the Y!!! Only once! Now when the family wants to go, I get to stay behind in the AC with little kids napping while Jason takes the older kids. So glad I can say, "Been there, done that!"