Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, April 30, 2012

Savannah and Tybee

"I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought." - Helen Keller

We have been going to the beach as long as we have lived here in Georgia(11 years). Casey has work meetings almost every year, so we tag along. It is such a treat! There is nowhere I'd rather be(besides visiting family out West) than the beach. I can't even describe the peace and tranquility that comes from a trip to the ocean.

This year his meetings were in Savannah, so we stayed there. Savannah is a beautiful city, rich with history and beautiful scenery. We have been to Savannah many times and still have not seen all it has to offer. Every time we go we tell ourselves we will do more - something different, but we are creatures of habit and end up doing the same thing over and over. Oh well, maybe next time.

We did find a graffiti wall that Kaitlyn wanted to sign, so we tried to position ourselves around the profanities to get a cool picture. We weren't completely successful, but we tried.

They have written, "Before I die..." and you are suppose to finish the sentence. I'm not sure what Kailtyn wrote, but Ryan said he wanted to become a legend:)

One of our favorite places in Savannah is River Street. We have a few favorite stores we like to frequent when we are there, the Candy Kitchen being #1.

I think I ate my weight in pralines this year. I also found my favorite childhood candy - Zotz. I was on a complete sugar high the first night we were there.

The kids found a few candy pieces they wanted to try. They were cute for pictures but not much on taste.

But that's alright, because there are plenty of places to eat and enjoy yummy fresh seafood.

And there is always Tybee...

Cody had fun posing, while Kaitlyn was trying to figure out how to get her feet off the ground. She watched Cody a few times and finally got the hang of it.

It was a beautiful weekend, making us want more.

Until next time...we will dream of the sound of the waves, imagine the scent of the sea, and feel our feet sinking into the soft sand on the shore♥

2 comments:

Cristin said...

Love the pictures!!!

Corinne Ritz said...

When we come visit you someday I wanna go there! OK? Awesome pictures of the kids!