Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cake Class

A friend told me about a cake decorating class at a local craft store. She and her sister were taking it and thought it might be fun if Kaitlyn and I joined in. It was every Monday night for 4 weeks. It was fun. We learned several decorating techniques and how to make frosting, LOTS of frosting. At the last class we had to bring a cake already frosted and apply the techniques we had learned in the previous weeks. It was fun, but I was not very good.

Kaitlyn causing a scene

Crazy girl

Cristin and her sister working hard on their cakes

Getting serious

Cristin and her cake - she did the cake I was wanting to do but chickened out. It turned out so cute. Great job Cristin!
Certificate - Proof we passed. It is really not my thing, but it was fun.

2 comments:

Corinne Ritz said...

Good for you! That is so not my thing either. I would be so not good in a cake decorating class. It's always good if one of my sister is here for my kids' birthday's because they decorate the cakes WAY better than I do!

Airyele Rounds said...

Great Job!!! I want to do this too. Maybe this fall I can do this!