Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Strawberries!!

Yes, it's that time of year again. I always get excited when it's time for strawberries! It's been so rainy here lately that I was worried this season was going to be a washout. There were a lot of berries that were lost due to the weather, but there was also still plenty for picking! I went out one day last week by myself when they were having a pick 2 get 1 free sale - rainy day special - so I picked 3. We ate on those for a few days and made some yummy treats.

Last night we went back for family night and picked 10 more!! And I spent the next two days(with the help of a few volunteers) making jam and syrup for our yearly supply of strawberry yumminess!!

We ended our trip with some delicious homemade ice cream!!

I'm sure we'll be back for at least one more picking party!

No comments: