Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Good Eats

It doesn't happen often and when it does happen it's rare, so I'm documenting a dinner that EVERYONE LIKED!

In the last 6 years(in October) since Casey's accident I've read a lot of books about health. I bought several new (healthy) cook books and have learned a lot, while trying to incorporate that learning into what I'm cooking/eating on a daily basis. Is it perfect??...never, but I try the best I can with what I've learned. The meals are always appreciated, but not always tasteful to everyone's liking. This week I've lucked out with the recipes I've used. Everyone has left the dinner table mostly happy and fulfilled.

This recipe was a favorite!

Taco Chicken Salad: Paleo, Whole30, Keto

· 15 minutes · Gluten free · Serves 6 · This easy taco chicken salad is a family friendly paleo recipe that only takes 15 minutes to whip together. No cooking needed! It's a great Whole30 salad for meal prep or Whole30 side dish for any event.

Ingredients

3 cups Chicken, cooked

1/4 tsp Chipotle, powder

1/2 cup Cilantro

1/2 tbsp Garlic powder

1/2 Green pepper

1/2 Lime, Juice of

1/2 cup Red onion

1/2 Tomato, medium

1/2 cup Mayo

1/4 tsp Cayenne

1 tbsp Chili powder

1/4 tbsp Paprika

1/2 Red pepper

1/2 tsp Cumin

Instructions

In a large bowl, mix mayo with the spices first to evenly combine Add in chicken and vegetables, mix well to evenly coat with seasoned mayo Squeeze lime juice over chicken salad and mix again to combine.

Top with any additional garnishes (more cilantro, diced green onion) Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

Instead of the spices listed I used my own homemade taco seasoning. I also sliced some avocados to put on top.

Found here:

https://stacyspage.wordpress.com/2016/06/06/homemade-taco-seasoning-mix/

Also, when cooking chicken ahead for most recipes I always use my indoor grill. It cooks up and tastes so much better(in my opinion). One of my very favorite kitchen purchases I've made lately.

Full taco chicken salad recipe is found here:

https://www.wholekitchensink.com/taco-chicken-salad

No comments: