Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Mushrooms

 When it rains, it bring mushrooms.  Lots and lots of mushrooms....







Growing up my dad would pick mushrooms, bring them home and cook them.  I remember hearing stories of how to know which ones were poisonous and which ones were edible.   I mostly remember hearing the stories of what might happen if you ate the wrong one?? = possible death.  I wasn't really ever comfortable eating them.  I always had the worst case scenario in the back of my mind - what if ??? I still have PTSD, and I make sure not to touch them or I wonder if the squirrels will die when I see them chowing down on them.😲 Some are really pretty and have cool designs, and I always feel compelled to take pictures, but it's one of those things I also feel like there should be warning signs up - "Look, but don't touch" "Caution" "Poison" "Deadly"😂








No comments: