Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, March 19, 2021

Tooth Extraction

These last couple weeks have been quite painful.  I started feeling pain in one of my teeth and last minute got an appointment to have it checked out.  It turns out that it had an infection in it.  They put me on medication and said that I also had a crack in the tooth.  They said I could have a root canal to possibility save the tooth or pull it.  I opted to have it pulled, rather than take the chance of having to deal with any future problems.  So, after a week of being on medication and having the pain subside I went in to have the tooth pulled.  I spent another week trying to recover from the new pain.  I didn't ever have my wisdom teeth pulled, so it's a new pain for me.  I cannot imagine having all four taken out at once, because one was traumatic enough.  Good grief, maybe I'm a wimp, but there was a lot of pulling and tugging and also the tooth broke as they pulled it out so there was a drill involved as well.  I didn't opt to be put out(which the doctor suggested might have been the best).  I was only on mild(50%) gas, so basically aware and awake.  Casey had said I wouldn't even need the gas...it was NO big deal.  Well, I would've liked to have been 100% out😥 

My appointment was at 3:45.  Casey took me, but he had a webinar at 6:00.  I thought for sure I would be in and out way before then, but I waited an hour before I finally went up and told them I needed to get in or I'd have to come back another day.  In the meantime Casey had called Ryan to come and take me home, so he could get back for his webinar.  I had to pick up medicine at the pharmacy with gauze stuck in my mouth.  I was thankful for a mask to cover that up while I went in to get my medications. 


In a few months I'll go and have a bridge put in, but for now I'm going to be grateful to be pain-free. I'm finally starting to get back to sleeping through the night and comfortable and not having a constant ache in my mouth/face. 

I had friends drop off some delicious soups and beautiful flowers.  That was a nice surprise in the middle of the tooth trauma.  Thanks for the 💓 



No comments: