Blog Header

Blog Header

Saturday, March 20, 2021

UPS


After work I saw that I had a message on my phone from UPS, or someone with UPS. I listened to his message, which just was a request for me to return his call.  I drove home and called while I was in my driveway still sitting in the car. As I drove in I had noticed some tire marks on the edge of our lawn and some dirt on our driveway. I glanced up and saw a UPS slip taped to our door as I was calling.  Ryan came to the door and was listening and watching as I chatted with the guy on the phone.  The poor dude was so upset that he had driven on our grass and left such a mess.  It had been raining a lot over the previous 48 hours, so everything was muddy and wet.  It looked worse than it was.  He apologized profusely and said he would come and fix it. I told him it wasn't a big deal and not to worry about it.  He was really upset and continued to apologize and offered assistance in repairing the damage.  I reassured him that we've done it before as well, and it will be fine.  It's just grass and it will grow back.  In fact within 20 minutes we had another downpour and it washed the dirt away, so when Casey came home he didn't even notice.  Ryan said he was in the shower when the driver knocked, so he didn't talk with him, but he noticed he was at the end of our driveway pacing for 10-15 minutes, possibly waiting for someone to come home.

It really made me wonder if a lot of people call UPS and complain.  Poor guy.  I'm glad I could give him some relief from his very stressful morning he must have had, worrying about something that he thought would be way worse than it was🙃

ps - because his name was Josh(my late/youngest brother's name) I wanted to bake him some cookies with a glass of milk💗

No comments: