Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Eli the elf





I have talked before about Ryan's unwillingness to go to school each morning, and after the Thanksgiving break it was even more intensified. He stayed home an extra day, because he had been sick over the break, so when it finally came time for him to get up & get ready to go back to school, he was not very happy. I felt really bad sending him to school with him being so upset. I thought about him all day & even, after much contemplation, e-mailed his teacher about his severe distress that morning.

She e-mailed back letting me know that he had a hard time in the morning but was doing better & had a surprise in his backpack. He came off the bus with a big smile, telling me he wanted me to read something in his backpack:



I was choking back tears as I read the letter, thinking I am so grateful(again) for such good kindergarten teachers. He was so much better after that, waiting each day to see who in his class would receive the next elf hat.

We will gear up these next couple weeks for the return after Christmas break!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love his blue eyes, and he looks like Santa's helper!!!
Love, Grandma

MommaG said...

What a great teacher! I know you must be grateful to have her for his kindergarten teacher. Congratulations, Ryan!