Blog Header

Blog Header

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Puddles

I grew up on the Oregon Coast, so rain was a pretty constant memory for me during my childhood. We would be under drizzle/rain 10-12 months out of the year(or so it seemed). Therefore, I don't really enjoy rain all that much & would rather do most of my activities when the weather is dry, not having to fight an umbrella.

However, as a child, there was always one activity I did enjoy doing in the rain...puddle jumping. I walked home from school 1st-5th grade and would always find every small or large pool of water along the way to jump in, over and around(I guess that's why we had a shoe dryer in our home).

These memories came back to me yesterday, as I watched Ryan get off the bus & walk toward the house. He didn't miss a single puddle. I gave a mom shout to "stay out of the water," hoping he wouldn't soak his school shoes(we don't have a shoe dryer)...he just looked up & smiled.

Today it was still raining & Ryan was bored, so I suggested an activity that might be fun:

Puddle Jumping



It was a hit...



No comments: