Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring has sprung




I really love the spring. It offers a break from indoor activities and the chill that winter brings. It re-energizes my spirit with the smells, beauty, and fresh-warm(non-humid) air. We have many signs of spring popping up all over our yard, and it makes me happy.










The bush Casey thought I killed with my over zealous pruning - nope, still alive - ha!



This week has been unusually warm with temperatures in the 80's. I enjoy the flip-flop weather but don't really enjoy the bugs and pollen that seem to come with it.



While the west coast was covered in snow this week, we were covered in a yellow-green layer of pollen....



Tuesday of this week the pollen count was 9000. I think it might have been a new record. To give you a pollen perspective, this time last year we only made it to 3000 before it went back down to the 50-60 range. It was crazy. It made it very hard to breathe while doing any amount of exercise. Not fun.





Thankfully it doesn't last all summer, and soon we will enjoy the beauty and all of the outdoor activities without the constant sneezing, itchy eyes, runny nose and stuffy head symptoms.

1 comment:

Corinne Ritz said...

Wow! I think that if I lived there Spring would be my favorite season. Well, I thought that until you described the pollen situation. That sounds very crazy! I can't believe it got that high! Enjoy all this before the humidity sets in!