Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, October 9, 2017

HEALING

As we come up on the 3rd year mark of Casey's accident, I have to say there has been a lot of healing going on...physically, mentally, and spiritually. This post is about the physical(for me). After the accident I felt very strongly that I needed to do whatever it took to stay well/healthy, so that I would have the strength and stamina to take care of everyone. I immediately took sugar and carbs out of my diet. It helped. I stayed well and lost a few pounds. However, as time went on I realized stress had taken it's toll on my overall health and my body started slowly breaking down. I went in and had a few tests done to check for gall stones. They came back negative. I was getting reoccurring yeast infections, so I knew my immune system was weak, and if I didn't find something I would continue this downward spiral. That's when I found these 3 books. They have been my life-savers. We cannot be well on the outside if we first are not well on the inside. These books taught me how to heal from the inside out. I'm so thankful for this knowledge and where it has taken me and continues to take me. It's a process, and I'm trying to involve everyone, however...that also is a process. But, when I stay on the path of wellness I feel so much better. I'm extremely excited knowing I have answers and knowledge for growth, health, and healing. Knowledge is power!!

All that being said. This was only half the battle. I had to find a new way of thinking, cooking, and eating. I enjoy food...good food. I needed to find resources that would feed me, fill me and satisfy my taste buds. I wasn't willing to have a blah diet for the rest of my life. So, again I searched and found places that would bring those satisfying foods into my regimen of health and healing. It is possible! I purchased several Paleo and Ketogenic cookbooks, and follow a few Instagram accounts that offer these as well. This one I'm sharing is one of my favorites. She's really good on clean eating, and has some really great ideas. I loved this one, because I still need to have chocolate in my life. If it's healthy, great! But, I also need it to taste good. I've made some recipes that were terrible. I've thrown a lot away. So, I get extremely excited when I find a delicious meal or treat that we all enjoy....well, Ryan had a bite.

And here's the recipe if you want to try it out.

She's caraclarknutrition on Instagram if you'd like to follow.

ENJOY!

ps - If anyone knows any other resources I'd love to have you share!

No comments: